January 2009 Crown Tourney!
Join Their Royal Magesties Gunthar and Elizabeth in Their Serpentine Lands as the rightful Heirs to the Stellar Throne are chosen. A delicious seasonal sideboard will be prepared by Herrin Hedwig von Luneborg and Lady Anne atte Rydeforde. Stay on Sunday to prepare for the invading Triskelian forcise of Trimaris with a chivalric and rapier war practice, including combat archery and seige engines. The site is beuatiful Pedigo Park in Livingston, TX. Camping is available and there are restrooms, showers, and electrical outlets available. Site opens at 4pm Friday and closes at 4pm Sunday.
- January 9-11, 2009
- Pedigo Park in Livingston, TX
- Site Fees: $12 for Adults, $8 for Children 12 and under, Children 5 and under FREE! $36 Family Maximum; $4 for Sunday Melees only. $3 non-member surcharge applies
- Feast Fees: $6 for Adults, $3 for Children 12 and under, Children 5 and under FREE!
- Make all checks payable to SCA, Inc; Barony of Loch Soilleir. Minors must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. They may also attend an adult of 21 or older with a signed and notarized Minor Event Waiver Form from the parents. Please Pre-register to enter the Tournament at: http://www.supportyou.com/crown_tourney/
- This site is DRY. Pets are allowed but must be kept on a leash at all times.
- After the Tournament, stay on Sunday for WAR PRACTICE! Includes: Chivalric melees with siege and combat archery, Rapier Melees including the Iron Star. Reauthorizations available for Chivalric and Combat Archery
Schedule of Events:(at Their Magesties Discretion)
- Noon - Site Opens
- 4:00 - Gate Opens
- 10:00 - Gate Closes
- 8:00 - Gate Re-opens. Armor Inspection Begins
- 10:00 - Opening Court and Inspection
- 11:00 - Crown Tourney Begins
- 4:00 - Gate Closes. Chivalric Circle
- 5:00 - Evening Court
- 8:00 - Gate Re-opens
- 9:00 - Armor Inspection
- 10:00 - Gate Closes. Chivalric and Rapier Melees Begin
- 4:00 - Site Closes
Directions and Map
- From Houston - On HWY 59, exit 434D and follow feeder around the U-turn.
- From Dallas - Make your best to 190 and turn onto HWY 59N. Then follow Houston directions.
- From Lufkin - HWY 59, exit 432B
- THEN - follow feeder to Trade Days Blvd. Turn right onto Trade Days Blvd & follow signs.
Feast will be prepared by Herrin Hedwig von Luneborg. We will be preparing for 100 and feast gear will not be provided. If there are any questions or dietary concerns please feel free to email the feast steward with those issues.
- Beef Barley Stew (made by HE Loch Soilleir, William)
- Chicken Chowder
- Seasonal Vegetable Soup
- Meat Pies
- Seasonal Fruit Cobbler